Monday’s Death News
1. This story out of Argentina:
A newborn in Argentina was found very much alive in a morgue by her mother 12 hours after hospital staff had declared the baby dead.
The mother, Analia Bouguet, tells TeleNoticias TV that the hospital still has issued her only a death certificate for the infant rather than a birth certificate. Bouguet said she is planning to pursue a medical malpractice suit.
The Daily Mail reports that the baby was Bouguet’s fifth and was born prematurely.
Two hours after being issue a death certificate, Bouguet and her husband visited the morgue because they wanted to see their child one more time.
“The baby was there and they put the little casket on a stretcher. We looked for a bar to pry it open,” the baby’s father, Fabian Veron, said in a press conference. “My wife looked and uncovered it slowly. She saw the little hand and then uncovered the face. That’s when it let the first little cry out.” — From Yahoo News
2. If that story wasn’t slightly disturbing, this photo should be:
Yes. It is creative. It even has a mini casket in the back end. But who in their right mind would want their child scooting around the neighborhood in a kid hearse?
I’m assuming that introducing macabre so early into the life of a child can’t be entirely healthy for both his psyche and his popularity.
Maybe this is a photo from the Future Serial Killers of America Academy?
3. Order of the Good Death posted a collection of photos from Boxes of Death “Coffin Art” Expo. So, if you like coffins and art, this exhibit is for you.
4. Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Here’s a article that has many of the front page newspaper headlines documenting that fateful event.
Thanks to My Own Eulogy for the link.
5. The hashtag #ThingsNotToDoDuringAFuneral was trending on Twitter a couple weeks ago. Here’s some per Connecting Directors:
@oni_sfm: #ThingsNotToDoDuringAFuneral sing I’m a survivor…
@BenBroomy: #ThingsNotToDoDuringAFuneral chuck some flowers over your head to see who’s next
@catmccormack: #ThingsNotToDoDuringAFuneral applaud
@SammmHubert: #ThingsNotToDoDuringAFuneral use the coffin to recreate Cool Runnings
@Ohh_livia77: Poke old people and say “you’re next”